Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Running and Baking

First, hello to all my sweet new followers!! :)

Thats exactly what I've been up to lately y'all. Lots of running, baking, and cooking.
If you're looking to get started running, which I promise anyone can do it, pop on over to Classy Southern Wife for tips. I recently started this past spring semester and I was the one who use to joke that I'd only run after an ice cream truck, seriously. But now I'm pushing myself to run an 8k at the end of this summer. Now y'all just need to hold me accountable ;)

This past weekend my parents traveled to the D.C. area for a concert so I had a friend from school come in and visit. We had such a great time! Saturday we saw Bridesmaids, which is hilarious. If you don't mind language, it is a really great movie to see. Definitely a feel good go with your mom/best friend movie. We then spent the rest of the afternoon perusing downtown and then popped into a mall in the next town over. Saturday night I cooked Chicken cacciatore for the first time ever! I got the recipe from a Paula Deen magazine, and it was so yummy! A little bit spicy for my taste buds, but super flavorful! We then spent the rest of the evening having a good time and watched Life As We Know It. This was really cute, definitely had my emotions going there for a bit. Sunday we made waffles and coffee and headed to church. The message was really powerfully. Afterwards we grabbed a bite at Outback and then went to tan at a friend's pool. It was hot hot hot on Sunday! We were grateful that the pool water was ice cold.

Yesterday I won Summer Wind's giveaway. Needless to say I did a little happy dance. I will be an owner of a Smather's and Branson needlepoint headband very soon. Now I must patiently wait for it to arrive in the mail. Yay!! I love Smather's and Branson not only for there amazing quality but the beau's name is Branson. He was excited because it had his name on it.haha.  I hope everyone is having a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment