Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

First and foremost, thank you to those who fight for my freedom day in and day out. It takes a really special person to be able to sacrifice so much for lil ole' me, and I'm extremely grateful.

Today was such a blissful day. The beau and I started off the day with breakfast at Bojangles, oh so yummy! And we love all of the older folk who regularly hangout there. After that we made our drive to the Blue Hole. This is seriously a small blue hole deep in the mountains of Tennessee. It's really cold, but the most breathtaking scenery. I wish I had taken pictures today, but it was 90 degrees outside and not agreeing with me. We attempted to hike up the mountain and once we were worn out we turned around and cooled down at the blue hole. Surprisingly I saw my brother out there with his lovely dog! Such a complete and random surprise to see him. After the blue hole, the beau and I stopped by a dealer to check out a Jeep his dad wanted us to see. We test drove, and it drove nicely but maybe not worth the money. We then decided it was time to freshen up for dinner. My parents prepared such a delicious cookout. We had ribs, mesquite chicken, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. While we waited for dinner, the beau and I put up the badminton set. That was quite the entertainment. But we managed to prove ourselves wrong and set it up properly. Of course after dinner we played a few rounds. I love playing badminton, I'm even taking it as a class next semester. It is always so much fun. Not only does playing cause a workout, but we laugh so much my stomach is usually hurting afterwards. We then finished the night with some sweet watermelon. Overall, this has been one of the best Memorial Days ever. I had such a great time with my family and beau. How was your Memorial Day??

-xoxo-

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good Memorial Day! I can't believe you can take a badminton class! I was wanting to take golf as an elective, ha :) ..Your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete