Saturday, May 28, 2011

First day of work

Today is the beginning of the pool season, so today I bring you my must haves while working at the pool.


1. Sunglasses are a necessity. The glare of the pool can leave me looking like I'm asian and makes preventing accidents difficult. So it is a must that I have my sunglasses with me at all times. And with sunglasses comes croakies. Not only do they keep my glasses in place, but they're stylish too.

2. A super cute beach towel is next. Sitting in the direct sun for up to 12 hours, well lets say you start to glisten. And nobody likes to follow a glistening guard. So to keep the seats clean, and from sticking to you, you must have a super soft towel.

3. Sunscreen. I am super fair, so I must must must have a high spf sunscreen with me at all times. I even must apply 30 minutes before going outdoors so as not to burn. I usually carry a variety for different scents, spfs, and different parts of the body. For example, I use Aveeno for my face because its not as oily as the others.


4. Water. It is important that a guard stays hydrated so to stay alert. I always carry a thing of water with me to the stands and to sip on in our guard house. It is vital that everyone drinks plenty of water when being out in the summer heat.

These are only a few of my must haves, but these are most important. 
Happy Memorial Day weekend!
-xoxo-

1 comment:

  1. Great picks! I used to work at a pool too! Hopefully you have umbrellas on each stand like we did! Have a great weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete