Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It feels like a perfect night

Hi sweet ladies!!

Wow. What a weekend!
I can not begin to tell you how loved I felt over my birthday weekend. I was showered with such great love all weekend long and flat out spoiled silly. I tell you, my sweet friends and family sure do know how to do birthdays.
Friday started with my barre class, and it was incredible! My instructor was super welcoming and made sure I felt comfortable since I was new. I'm absolutely hooked on barre now. It was such an incredible workout and really worked my muscles deep. I can not wait to sign up for my next class!
The drive to Georgia Friday was just beautiful.
Upon arriving Friday we did some light shopping before having dinner then heading into the city for a Braves game. 
I haven't been to a game since I was 4 so I really enjoyed the experience. The Braves didn't pull out a win, but the crowd and the fireworks were pretty great. Oh and I got to meet Leslie and Jessica!

It was so great to finally meet these sweet sweet girls in person!



  
my sweet hostess for the weekend
 After the game we were welcomed with dessert when we got back home.
 
 
Saturday we slept in and enjoyed a quiet morning. After having a large breakfast we set off for some shopping in downtown Atlanta. We had such fun just browsing all the stores and chatting it up all afternoon.

afternoon pick me up
Saturday evening was spent relaxing, walking around the neighborhood, and watching The Help. We were wiped needless to say. 
Sunday we headed to Andy Stanley's church, Buckhead Church. Here I finally got to see my old roommate and dearest friend Elaine. It was so great to be in church together again. The message was amazing and truly convicting. I'll have to do a recap on that some other time because it's definitely worth listening to twice.
 
Elaine & I
 After church we rested up before getting ready for the concert!


just playing with the pet turtle
Then it was finally concert time!
Let me just say Luke Bryan is WAY better in person than on the radio. The best concert I've ever been to. We arrived, got some souvenir shirts, a drink and made our way to our seats just as FlGa line was performing cruise. Perfection. However ever after that it began to rain. At first it was just a sprinkle and then the heavens opened up. Well turns out rain is a good thing, because after that the party really got started. Everyone was carefree and just having a great time. The rain did end, and Luke came out and we belted our hearts out! You better believe I danced and sang to every song. We had a blast and I can't wait to go to another show of his!



And it wouldn't be a proper birthday without ringing it in with Taylor Swift's 22 & waffle house. It was a perfect night for breakfast at midnight after all!

I hope you had a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment