Tuesday, November 8, 2011

David Crowder Concert + First LU Game

Hello all!!

Wow fall has finally arrived, and I believe winter is going to be here before we know it! Brrrrr. I'm not to fond of winter, unless there is snow, and my man to snuggle up next to.

In my latest happenings I got to attend a David Crowder Band concert Friday evening. It was amazing!! I drove home Thursday, and then met up with my boy at his school friday afternoon. We grabbed a quick dinner and then headed over to the concert, which was convienently on his campus ;-) We spent the evening rocking out and praising our Lord. David Crowder has released some new bluegrass and Christmas and they are sooooo good!!! I really enjoyed the concert. I purchased the Illuminate cd on Friday and definitely reccomend it. There are some great worship songs on it.



On Saturday we got to do some wonderful fall activities. We woke up Saturday (which by the way, waking up only a few buildings down from my boy has to be such a comforting thought) and headed straight to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I had a the meat n biscuits with apple butter of course! And can't forget their hashbrown casserole. Yummm. After we did some browsing in the mall, it was time for fall and Christmas scented car freshners for us. We then made our way back to campus. With it being a game day I'm use to the normal chaos here in Knoxville, but at Liberty it is so peaceful!! Seriously, so.many.parking.spaces. You have to get your parking space on Friday night if you want to park on campus here! Crazy! Anyways, we walked around campus, took in the sights of some tailgaters, and browsed the bookstore. Where my boy got his picture taken with the college pastor, Johnnie Moore. He recently had his book Honestly released. I can't wait to read the boy's copy. Johnnie even personally signed it for him! Such a great man of God!



After the bookstore we made our way into the stadium. Another thing about going to a football game that is not in Knoxville, wow their stadium is small and quiet! The volume of Neyland no longer affects me, but dang we are so loud in comparison. Also, being in a student section where I'm not afraid a drunk person will spit/throw up on me, and I can sit if my feet become tired is so so so incredibly nice! During the third quarter we left to enjoy the sunset on top of the mountain at the lodge. It was such a nice view, and the lodge is so pretty. They have their own ski slope at his school, so we got to watch some snow boarders and skiiers.





After the sunset we hung around a bit before meeting up with some sweet dear friends. We all enjoyed a nice long conversation and dinner and concluded the evening with fro yo of course. It was such a blissful weekend in all. The boy spoiled me rotten and took such good care of me, like every whim I had he made happen. aaah. I can't wait to go back!! Although it looks like it going to be spring before that happens.

Only two weeks till Thanksgiving break!! Eeek!!

No comments:

Post a Comment