Sunday, July 31, 2011

Carowinds

This past weekend we headed towards Charlotte! The parents had tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert (Father's day present), so me and my dear girl sMb headed to the outlets. We did a little shopping around, and then caught a bus back towards our hotel. Lets say public transportation in another city makes me extremely nervous. I was so afraid the driver was going to leave us stranded at the station. Eeep! But the driver was sweet and made sure we got through the doors of our hotel safely. After shopping we headed over to Texas Roadhouse. There we devoured some fried pickles, yummmmy, steak, chicken, rolls, potatos, and green beans. It was such a delicious dinner and we had such a great time. After we dipped into the hotel pool for an after hours swim. It was so hot and humid so the water felt so nice and relaxing. The next day we woke early to head to Carowinds. The weather was yet again hot hot hot! 90 degrees at 10 am left us feeling very sticky. Thankfully we had plans to spend some of the day in the connected water park. We rode the Nighthawk, the Intimidator (our favorite), Afterburn, and several water slides. We made sure after the long day to change into some fresh clothes, wipe our faces clean, and spray some dry shampoo. After a little beauty work I felt like I had stepped out of the shower. We stopped at an Outback on our way back. A delicious pair of steak and snow crabs if you don't mind. My tummy was in heaven after being jerked around all day. It was such a fun weekend, and I can't wait to be reunited with sMb at school in a few short weeks. We have a to-do list to get started on.


sMb & me. Intimidator behind us



Meeting some of the Peanuts gang


Hope everyone has a great Monday!! :-)


1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend! You were in my area, I live right around where the concert was held. I was actually there too! Love Rascal Flatts!!

    aHb

    ReplyDelete