Wednesday, August 22, 2012

No Back out Option

Well here I am, fall semester officially kicked off today & there is no turning back.
So this year I've piled my plate up high, to the point it was terrifying and daunting at first. But after going to my classes today, and spending some time in the word I think I'll be okay. Here's my crazy line up for the fall semester
  • 14 hours.. this is the easy part
  • Women's ministry & college girls go between
  • Community group leader
  • Lifeguarding at the YMCA {my fave!!}
  • Interning at the Boys & Girls club 3-4 days a week
  • Hospitality leader at church
Yeah, terrifying. But I think I'm going to be a-okay. Cause here's the thing, I have no back out option. For the past three years of college I've enjoyed having a back out option, I didn't have that in high school. I was always 110% committed to everything, sports, band, academics, you name it! But somewhere along the way, I didn't want to be tied down to anything in college. I enjoyed having freedom to workout, watch movies, and doing homework on MY time instead of shuffling from one thing to another. But now I know its time to get real. Time to prepare for the big girl world. Because you see, I'll be graduating in 2 years and then its on to bigger and way better things. So here's to a year with no backing out. To smiling and NOT complaining. Being there for my friends, and myself. I'm so excited about this and don't know why it took me so long to realize what I was doing. But hello fall semester, I am here and ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment